Jamie was born 13th February 1986 in Glasgow .
Jamie’s younger brother is Andy Murray the gold medal winner!! Jamie is a professional tennis player who is the current British number two doubles player.
Jamie met his wife Alejandra in 2009. They got married in 2010 at Cromlix House near Dunblane. Andy Murray was the best man
Jamie has won 7 grand slam tournaments. He won Wimbledon doubles in 2007 and 2017.
Interesting facts about Jamie Murray
- Jamie supports Manchester United & Hibernian FC.
- Jamie’s grandfather -Roy Erskine was a professional footballer & played for Hibernian FC.
- Andy’s nickname for Jamie is ‘stretch’
- Jamie’s wife is from Colombia and they visit often to see her parents.
- Jamie’s normal diet is scrambled egg & beans for breakfast. Chicken and rice for dinner, fruit and yoghurt for dessert.
- Jamie’s favourite food is sushi (like his brother Andy)
- Jamie doesn’t eat red meat or pasta anymore
- Jamie holds his tennis racket in his left hand and has a two-handed backhand.
I like because Jamie Murray is nice and calm (he doesn’t swear on court like his brother) and he is very quick on the court!!!
Thank you reading,
love from Sian & Jodie x